If you manufacture and/or sell products that are temperature sensitive, then seeking assistance from a specialized, temperature-controlled warehouse is imperative. Without the services of such warehouses, it becomes next to impossible to ship goods from one location to another. Temperature-sensitive products are perishable and require an adequate environment to last for an extended period.
Fortunately, there are a multitude of temperature-controlled warehouses that excel is fulfilling this objective. Various third-party logistics and warehouse firms have collaborated to offer various clients all around the world the ability to meet the requirement of temperature-controlled warehousing services.
Understanding the operations of a temperature-controlled warehouse
Temperature-controlled warehouses maintain a specific temperature by incorporating a method of cooling or heating. The average temperature maintained in these warehouses is estimated to be around 60-75 degrees Fahrenheit. These warehouses are generally used for storing temperature-sensitive products, along with goods that need refrigeration to maintain quality standards. The environment present inside a temperature-controlled warehouse ensures that the shelf life of a product line is maintained and spoilage is avoided.
The types of products that require temperature-controlled warehouses
Temperature-controlled warehouses provide industry-specific solutions. The following are the types of product ranges that need temperature-sensitive solutions to fulfill the aspects of storing and shipping:
1. Perishable Food and Beverages: Most food products are subject to spoilage if refrigeration is not maintained. For instance, commodities such as chocolate bars will naturally melt and lose their original form if adequate temperature control measures are not in place. Understanding the requirements of each food product becomes essential as necessary temperature control methods must be employed.
2. Supplements: Supplements and essential vitamin products need constant refrigeration to sustain their shelf life and medicinal properties. Supplements also require special attention as constant high humidity levels can damage the product. Thus, assistance from elite temperature-controlled warehouses is necessary.
3. Makeup: Special cosmetic products are also subject to spoilage when exposed to high temperatures. Thus, premium makeup brands make sure to seek assistance from top temperature-controlled warehouses when it comes to the storing and shipping products globally.
Without efficient temperature-controlled warehouses, these type of products cannot reach the target audience in premium condition. Thus, the reliance on temperature-controlled warehouses is heavy in such the industries of F&B, pharmaceutical, and cosmetics.
The various benefits of a temperature-controlled warehouse
In order to understand the operations of temperature-controlled warehouses, it is imperative that we highlight some of the benefits which these storehouses provide:
1. Protects goods and increases shelf-life: Worldwide trade of perishable products would have been impossible without specialized cold storage warehouses. These storage structures enable the stocking of goods even during unfavorable conditions. Medicinal products require a certain atmosphere to be stored and shipped, as they are prone to degrade in quality and effectiveness in high temperatures. The services offered by these unique warehouses ensure that the product quality does not degrade even during harsh conditions.
On the other hand, different commodities that may need higher temperatures for storage can also be achieved by availing the services of temperature-controlled warehouses. The storage cells can also accommodate goods that do not need refrigeration as well. Therefore, the sheer diversity of a temperature-controlled warehouse makes it essential in the supply chain.
2. Assistance from trained professionals and complete safety: The professionals that operate these temperature-controlled warehouses are specially trained. Conditions inside these warehouses are completely different, as the set temperature is not always safe or ideal to work in. However, special measures are incorporated to ensure optimum safety levels not only for the employees, but also for the products concerned. This is fulfilled by the use of the latest technology and other equipment which effectively fulfill storage and shipping requirements.
3. Improved quality of air: Air quality plays a vital role in determining the overall quality of the final product that the consumer receives. The atmosphere inside temperature-controlled warehouses is altered in such a way that no dust or external pollutants can enter the premises. Products that are sensitive to these external elements greatly benefit by availing the services of a temperature-controlled warehouse. Therefore, competitive business organizations receive a complete return on the investment made upon employing this special service.
4. Customer satisfaction and profit maximization: Manufacturing companies can now be rest assured that the quality of the goods produced is maintained at all times. The ability of the concerned firm to maximize profit also significantly increases. In addition, more efforts can be made to increase production as the speed of storage and shipping is maintained throughout the process.
The final consumers that purchase the product also attain complete satisfaction as fresh products are delivered to them. When it comes to the aspect of dispatching perishable commodities, the supply chain management system must be well oiled and functional as there is limited time to meet consumer demands. Assistance from temperature-controlled warehouses helps the manufacturing company buy some additional time without having to worry about damages and spoilage. Moreover, all the temperature-controlled warehouses around the world rely on the state-of-the-art technology to ensure effective storage of products. Thus, the risk of incurring losses is significantly mitigated.
Therefore, if you are struggling to ship your perishable goods with complete efficiency, then be sure to seek assistance from expert third-party temperature-controlled warehouse. Consider it to be an investment that will definitely pay off in the long run.
- Posted by admin
- On August 25, 2020