CDS Group of Companies is the single contact for National and International clients looking for efficient and cost-effective supply-chain solutions for the Canadian market.
Specializing in Ambient, Refrigerated, and Frozen supply chain food and beverage services, we strive to offer exceptional customer service to our clients, while promoting opportunity, and a team-first environment for our team. Our services include multi-temperature warehousing, distribution, freight and transportation management, customs brokerage, pick and pack fulfilment, cross-docking and transloading. A true "one-stop shop" operation, we can handle products from grocery to consumer goods for any company looking to improve their supply chain throughout Canada and from Canada to cross-border and international markets.
About the Team:
The Finance team is committed to ensuring the finances of the company run smoothly and that we maintain healthy relationships with our vendors. Dedicated to finding the best technology solution for our needs today and into the future, this team welcomes ideas! We believe in focusing to get the job done, while fostering a fun team atmosphere.
What You'll Do:
- Reporting to the Corporate Controller, you’ll maintain + record business transactions for multiple entities.
- Balance ledgers and reconcile accounts.
- Prepare reports to show receipts, expenditures, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues.
- Perform costs and revenue analysis.
- Review all inter-company transactions and generate invoices, as necessary.
- Troubleshoot software-related issues.
- Follow & improve bookkeeping procedures.
- Prepare accurate, timely monthly & annual financial statements.
- Supervise Accounting Technicians with respect to accounting procedures.
- Project leader for and assist with various projects.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
Who You Are
- You have completed an Accounting Degree/Certificate.
- Confident with full-cycle financial statement preparation.
- You know your way around a spreadsheet can “wow” others with your advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Although not required, those with experience in MS Dynamics GP are preferred.
- Excited to learn and understand new software and underlying workflow.
- An excellent communicator, both orally and in writing; with a strong command of the English language.
- You clearly understand that details matter.
- Easy to work with; you build and maintaining strong internal / external relationships.
- Strong group of skills - sound judgment, analytical thinking, works well independently.
- Known for your organization and time management skills, you pride yourself on meeting deadlines.
- Able to pass criminal background check.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit their resume to email@example.com. No agencies please. Internal applications are welcome! You must be employed for at least 6 months to be eligible to apply.